Liverpool dating ideas liquidating divident
As Liverpool’s wealth increased, the richest merchants looked for room to build the large houses that would reflect their status in society.
The Blackfield Terrace area was one hill, whilst the second hill can be found in the area formerly occupied by the Liverpool Industrial School (see below).
The Perry map of 1768 shows the Old Hall as a large house with wings and gardens to one side.
In the hundred years which followed this, the house was gradually altered and eventually demolished.
Bank Hall itself was a moated house, with a causeway between two lakes giving access to the building itself.
It stood on the corner of what are now Bankhall Lane and Juniper Street, although the roads have seen some reshaping in the intervening years.